Okay, here’s the vision for the Honda CB 350: somewhere between café racer and streettracker. I know, I know, old news. You’ve all seen it a million times. But stick with me: since I have access to this great shop space and someone who really knows his business, I’m going to be fabricating as many of the parts as I can…
The goal is to make it really simple, light, nimble, and neutral, and as modern and functional as possible (within reason – I’m not going to go modifying a GL1000 electronic ignition, just so I can have it break down and not know what to do with it!). Here’s a partial list of what I’ll be doing:
– Mikuni VM carbs
– Dyna Coils
– Rewiring (super simple – just ignition, charging, and lighting)
– Lower front end a biscuit, raise rear end a biscuit
– New seat, modified tank
– Rearsets mounted at stock position (I like a neutral but low slung position; I don’t want to lie down on my motorcycle)
– 2-1 full stainless exhaust
At this point the bike is torn down to just what you see above, as I make the clip-ons and get the front end set up. I designed a new triple tree in CAD and was going to have it water-jet cut, but for now I’m going to stick with the stocker, with some modifications. If anyone is interested in a new triple tree upper clamp for a CB 350, let me know; the more of them that I order, the cheaper they’ll be. If you don’t need them now, Dime City Cycles will soon be offering them.
That’s all I have for now; hopefully just enough to whet your appetite. Ezra and I started on the clip-ons, and I hope to have them finished soon.